Director of Analytics & Decision Analysis, U.S. Commercial Hematology and Oncology - Veteran's Welcome
- Jun 17, 2017
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Celgene is one of the fastest growing biopharmaceutical companies globally. We focus on the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative therapies for unmet needs in hematology, oncology, and immune-inflammatory disease.
We are currently seeking an experienced analytics leader for this newly created function within Celgene's U.S. Commercial Hematology and Oncology organization. This position leads a team responsible for Commercial Analysis, Strategic Insights, Decision Sciences and Prescriptive Analytics.
This is a highly critical role with responsibility for formulating and driving the U.S. Commercial Hematology and Oncology analytics strategic vision for Celgene working in collaboration with the other U.S. functions and Global Information, Knowledge, & Utilization (IKU).
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Define the roadmap and strategic direction for the U.S. Analytics function (e.g., mission, target operating model, capabilities to build, interactions with other functions)
• Manage, lead and develop the U.S. SP&DA team (7+ person organization) that is accountable for all aspects of Analytics for the U.S. Commercial Hematology and Oncology organization including Analysis, Strategic Insights, Decision Sciences and Prescriptive Analytics
• Drive the interaction and partnership between the SP&DA Analytics function and the franchises - staying at the forefront to ensure a tight cooperation in identifying and defining analytical needs, and generating the pull-through of insights with the business
• Act as a change agent internally on matters pertaining to the implementation of the analytics strategy and tactics. Ensure a broad understanding of the value of analytics and insights to the product value demonstration
• Act as a representative and advocate for Celgene in external networks (academic institutions, data providers, IKU experts); create and manage effective relationships with external partners to further IKU initiatives
• Key Member of the U.S. Strategic Planning & Decision Analysis Leadership team
• BA/BS required; MBA preferred
• 10+ years of relevant experience with 3+ years leading decision science/data analytics functions required; previous healthcare industry experience preferred
• Experience in leading / contributing to the development of a new analytics organization
• Proven track record of leading teams, developing high performers, and driving execution through others
• Strategic thinker, keeping big picture in mind while ensuring execution excellence
• Well versed in analytics principles, software (Tableau), Digital Analytics and able to coach and teach others
• Strong communications and presentation skills, delivering messages with impact to external and internal customers, including senior executives
• Ability to manage complexity, help team prioritize, and make effective decisions in complex, cross-functional, changing environments
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.